It’s Father’s day and like I tell everyone, my dad is pretty awesome. While most folks out there are buying their dad monstrous hardware like drills and hammers, or letting their dad lounge on the couch and drink beer, our dad is content just being with us. Not to say we didn’t get him ANYTHING but, our dad has always been our Dad. Our dad never went out with the guys or spent early mornings in deer stands. Our dad put his family first. Our dad didn’t spend evenings working late in the office. Our dad worked hard, but he also worked hard to get home and stay with us. Not that we appreciated it at the time. We were typical kids. Looking back though, I realize what a sacrifice he made to take care of us and to make sure that we had everything that we needed, and wanted for that matter. Our dad spoiled us rotten!!! (And he still does) Here is my list of ways that dad spoiled me (This is not an exhaustive list, that would fill a book here are just a few ways):
2. Laundry (well into my mid twenties and out of college)
3. Driving to Arkadelphia to fix my “broken” car, (out of gas)
4. Making another trip to Arkadelphia to fix my “broken” car (parked on slope)
5. Cleaning my room for most of the time that I lived at home.
Happy Father’s day Daddy, I hope you know that we love and appreciate you! -Jen
“Pop”, “Poppa Diddy Pop”, and “Daddy”. I have many nicknames for my father but as of late I am able to add “biggest supporter” and “greatest fan”. Being the baby of the family has its perks and just like Big Sister, I too, have a list of ways my dad has spoiled me:
1.Susprises. For those of you that aren’t aware, a “susprise” is something you get from the store that wasn’t on the original list. It’s a special treat, it’s a susprise!
2. I swear I didn’t clean my own room until I was in high school. It was awesome!
3. Getting to call him and say “hey, my car makes a “wherrush roorrrhhh” noise, what is it and can you fix it?” and he always knows and helps me fix it!
4. I come home to visit at least once a month and it’s great because I know that at least one morning, if not both, I get to wake up to a home made breakfast. (the older two don’t get to experience this often so I rub it in as much as I can!)
5. Showing me his humor. It may seem strange to read that as something he has done to “spoil” me but he is a funny guy and it’s great to joke around with him.
Happy Fathers day big guy! We love you!!